That is how this works, right? No? Oh well. It's still fun. I was nominated for a Liebster Award last year by Cranes and Clovers and again last week by It's My Life. I don't remember why I didn't write about it last year, but I'm making up for it now.
The Liebster Award is just a fun little way for other bloggers to show a some love to their favorite online reads. To go along with the nomination, I get to answer questions from the bloggers that nominated me and I get to nominate some blogging friends of my own. So here goes...
Questions from Cranes and Clovers:
1. Where is your favorite place?
Hmmm. I'd have to say the beach. Any beach. I hate extreme temperatures, so winter places are not my thing for extended periods of time. Beaches would fall under the same category, but you can always jump in the water to cool off. :)
2. Who do you most admire?
My grandfather. He was such an amazing man. He strived for greatness even when his own family told him he didn't really need a college education and he would do absolutely anything for his family.
3. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging to share my honeymoon experience in Korea with family and friends in the US, then continued because… well, I don't know - I just kind of kept writing.
4. What's your idea of a relaxing day?
Having absolutely nothing to do. at. all. Waking up at 11, sipping coffee in peace (while it's still warm), and ending the day with a glass of wine by an outdoor fireplace… which I would need to build during the day because we currently only have an indoor fireplace.
5. What inspires you?
Witnessing my children's experiences. I've seen rain fall a thousand times, but seeing how my 3 year old views rain just slows things down and inspires me to live life to it's fullest everyday.
6. What's the first thing you do in the morning?
Grab the baby from her crib and schlep downstairs for my morning cup of coffee.
7. What's your favorite song?
I'm really loving 'Happy' by Pharrell Williams lately.
8. What can't you live without?
My iPhone! Most days it acts as my camera, weatherman, nurse, map, secretary… essentially, I would be lost without it - literally.
9. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Spending days on the beach during the summer with my sisters.
10. Are you an early bird or night owl?
Both. Is that possible? I am definitely a night owl, but I love waking up early and getting things checked off my to do list before the kids wake up.
11. What's the name of the last book you read?
'Pete the Cat'… does that count?
Questions from It's My Life:
1. What's your favorite candy?
Anything with chocolate!
2. Do you have a guilty pleasure? please share!
Dexter! I'm currently watching the last season and I almost don't want to continue because I know it will all be over and I'll have to find a new show to binge watch.
3. What's your dream job?
Not sure of the title of my dream job yet. I want to be able to work from home, do something creative and artsy, and communicate with people daily. Oh, and get paid for doing all of that.
4. What was your least favorite vacation ever?
I don't really remember a least favorite vacation. You make the most of what you've got, so I tend to try to have fun with whatever happens on vacation.
5. What's one thing you hope to accomplish this year?
Finally figure out what I want to do with my life.
So, now I'm supposed to tag 5 blogs that I love as nominees, but I'm lazy and I don't want to make anybody feel like they have to answer my nomination chain letter style. If anybody wants to participate though, here are my questions to you:
1. What's one of the scariest things you've ever done?
2. Cooking or Baking?
3. Have you ever wrecked your car?
4. If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
5. What does your last text message from someone else say?
6. What is your strangest talent?
7. Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
8. East Coast or West Coast?
9. Do you have a collection of anything?
10. What's the weather like right now?
11. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Learn how to grow your business as a mompreneur online.