- Don't treat LinkedIn like Facebook or Twitter. This site is all about business, so please no pictures of you partying the night away or status updates about your upcoming weekend shenanigans.
- Have a Profile Picture. Personally, I don't mind if you don't have a picture up. Just don't expect me to add you if I have no clue who you are or how I know you.
- Personalize Connection Requests. This goes along with #2. You shouldn't treat LinkedIn like a popularity contest. The people with the most connections does not benefit the most, this is about building quality business relationships. Start the relationship off right by telling the person specifically why you are connecting with them.
- No SPAM. This should not have to be explained.
- Once is Enough. Posting something business related about once a day is enough, please don't post something every hour (see #1).
Like I said, I am new to LinkedIn and I have much to learn about the ins and outs of using this site. I will continue to share everything I learn, but it might take a while.