- Help out, but don't help too much.
- Don't EVER look them in the eye.
- No talking unless you have permission.
- Whisper when talking to coworkers about the boss.
- Download google translate to help you communicate with your boss… I still haven't found my boss' native language, but you just have to keep guessing until you get it right.
- Start singing or tell a joke to try to diffuse the situation.
- Hide away in the bathroom until your boss' anger subsides, if necessary.
- Don't take anything personally.
- Whenever possible, spell out words like I-C-E C-R-E-A-M and B-E-D-T-I-M-E.
- When all else fails, give them a big hug and tell them you love them no matter what.
If you haven't figured it out by now, this is my boss…
… being the parent of a 2 year old can sometimes feel like you are under the rule of a tiny dictator, but then you realize that you are the one in control and laugh at these silly everyday dramas.